A weekend without the premiership

When it is around we take it for granted. This weekend was completely devoid of the premiership, what with the internationals taking centre stage. And oh my did you see the England spine suddenly come to life against the Argies. That partnership of Owen and Rooney is beginning to look scary I say and I dare say England have a big chance to take it this time.
Why did Brazil play UAE this weekend I ask. The money? I mean in all fairness who in world football are the UAE. They really did themselves a disservice when they could have chosen from a whole catalogue of choiciest sides in football as part of their preparation for the real thing. 1-0 at half-time and 8-0 at the end. Do you even break a sweat for that sort of thing?
So what did i do with my weekend. Well I caught up on my movie watching on The Classic Movie Channel, treating myself to stellar performances from the likes of Cary Grant and Humphrey Bogart. Now that is entertainment. You watch a lot of today's stuff, the actors are often flattered by the special effects and the sort such that the characters lose their intensity. If directors worked mnore on the characters than the story then the intimacy and classic nature of trhe movies would be attained.
I also got a chance to watch Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. A brilliant comedy, a thinking man's view of the world and I will surely be hunting the book down. Very entertaining in a decidedly english manner. And kudos to Mos Def for his performance in the picture.

Not much else

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arsene Wenger

Maybe Arsenal need to practice shooting

What we all really knew