And it finally happened
Jose Antonio Reyes was the best Arsenal player on show at Charlton. He harried, tried and he scored. His confidence is coming back now.
For the first time since I can be bothered to remember, Thierry had something good to say about Reyes. We have heard him say all manner of things about RvP11 and seemingly clueless Quincy. But he has never yp my recollection gone on record praising JAR9.
Depending on which rag you read he said
"Jose deserved the goal because he worked a lot. Not only him but I want to talk about him specially because we need him to do this kind of performance for us. This was magnificent."
I said it when he came to the Arsenal, that the spaniard was a warrior, he has pace, guile, grit and determination. He gets knocked down and he keeps coming back. He is a fighter who has never been given anything for free in life and I am pretty sure that he will be a great player for the Arsenal. He just needs someone to say publicly from time to time that he has done well. Thierry is the skipper, not my ideal candidate for the job but he is that and he should pass more comments of that sort to boost very talented players' confidences. He knows the players in the team are of genuine prime breed. And that they will form the nucleus of a very very strong team. And they need a leader who will carry them into that. The thing is, does he believe he is that leader?
For the first time since I can be bothered to remember, Thierry had something good to say about Reyes. We have heard him say all manner of things about RvP11 and seemingly clueless Quincy. But he has never yp my recollection gone on record praising JAR9.

Depending on which rag you read he said
"Jose deserved the goal because he worked a lot. Not only him but I want to talk about him specially because we need him to do this kind of performance for us. This was magnificent."
I said it when he came to the Arsenal, that the spaniard was a warrior, he has pace, guile, grit and determination. He gets knocked down and he keeps coming back. He is a fighter who has never been given anything for free in life and I am pretty sure that he will be a great player for the Arsenal. He just needs someone to say publicly from time to time that he has done well. Thierry is the skipper, not my ideal candidate for the job but he is that and he should pass more comments of that sort to boost very talented players' confidences. He knows the players in the team are of genuine prime breed. And that they will form the nucleus of a very very strong team. And they need a leader who will carry them into that. The thing is, does he believe he is that leader?