Oh I say...

How bad were the Arsenal this weekend especially during the first half. I will tell you one thing, that Faye bloke is one enforcer. I would like to see him come up against Vieira and see what happens. He is a fighter, a warrior, a gladiator.
Arsenal need an enforcer in midfielder and Gilberto clearly isn't it. I was watching Thierry Henry's 100 goal DVD this weekend and I picked one assist Vieira made for TH14. In one fell swoop he made a tackle, got up and passed the ball. I do not think there are many players in world football who can do that. And that is what Arsenal's football has been built on. Arsene needs to come up with a new plan or find a hardman. I liked the look of Song against Thun. Maybe give him a chance before you buy someone else. Or even the Muamba kid the Highbury lot are raving about. Gilberto is brilliant at sweeping although he lost the ball too often against Bolton. In fairness most of the team didnt do themselves much credit.
It's Ajax this week and I expect Arsenal to win the match. I think the champions league is a big chance this season. The team has a focus on the continent which they cannot replicate on the domestic front. It is usually the other way round.

Good to see Peter Crouch score this weekend. It was all becoming a bit too farcical.

Popular posts from this blog

Arsene Wenger

Maybe Arsenal need to practice shooting

What we all really knew