My take on the Henry Story
I have been one of the few critics of Titi in the last couple of months. Myles Palmer in his Arsenal Review( www.arsenalnewsreview.co.uk ) calls it narcissism and I can't say I disagree with him.
But the reason why that has happened has been because of Arsenal. They have made the monster that is Thierry Henry. But unprecedented was the fact that Arsene will sit Thierry down to tell him what is expected of him. That is the man does not know what is expected of him. He is a bit errant.
But I do not think he cannot be cut back. I think this is the pivotal point and dropping Henry is going to make him realise that he has to put the interests of the team ahead of his own and I think him concentrating on the lads more than himself or joking about with the opposition captain is one way of doing it. When the team is out there we dont care that you are mates with blokes from the other teams. During the match you are ours and they are the enemy. We do not think you should slice them in half but show no mercy when you have the ball.
But that having been said, he is an asset. When his head is right he is the best player on the planet. Unfortunately we havent had the best of him in a while now and we keep making excuses based on his undoubted legendary status.
But the reason why that has happened has been because of Arsenal. They have made the monster that is Thierry Henry. But unprecedented was the fact that Arsene will sit Thierry down to tell him what is expected of him. That is the man does not know what is expected of him. He is a bit errant.
But I do not think he cannot be cut back. I think this is the pivotal point and dropping Henry is going to make him realise that he has to put the interests of the team ahead of his own and I think him concentrating on the lads more than himself or joking about with the opposition captain is one way of doing it. When the team is out there we dont care that you are mates with blokes from the other teams. During the match you are ours and they are the enemy. We do not think you should slice them in half but show no mercy when you have the ball.
But that having been said, he is an asset. When his head is right he is the best player on the planet. Unfortunately we havent had the best of him in a while now and we keep making excuses based on his undoubted legendary status.