Arsenal season rating
It's easy to sit in the back and scream all manner of obscenities at the boys for a season in which we did not do as well as we have come to expect from an Arsenal side from season to season. But I put it to most Arsenal fans that we have done very well actually.
The Arsenal team at the moment is not yet version 3. Not quite there. We have a lot of new players, age aside. A lot of fans are calling for Baptista's head. After less than a season. That isnt fair is it? I mean sure he has been a tad bit disappointing but let's face it, most of the team has been, especially in front of goal. Robin van Persie aside noone has had that cutting edge that is needed from teams at this level. And he has the benefit of seasons in the premiership under his belt.
Last season we punched above our weight to be honest, in getting to the champions' league final. And this season, no fan can say that Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester, certainly in terms experience and the current continuity of their sides are ahead of us. And yet we are still in there with a chance at a top 3 finish.
To be honest I couldnt be bothered to tell Arsene Wenger who he should buy. He gets paid a lot of money to decide that by himself and I only watch Arsenal when they play the games and not when they train. I dont have the trained eye to tell between a good and great player. He clearly does and to suggest that he is losing his touch is idiotic. Rosicky, Fabregas, Denilson, Hleb, Toure, Eboue... should I go on?
Let it be known that this has been a disappointing season but that doesnt mean it is necessarily a bad one. I would like just as much as any Arsenal fan to have trophies in our locker and we did our best against a Chelsea side full of internationals with tonnes of experience in the carling cup.
Let's take a reality chejk
The Arsenal team at the moment is not yet version 3. Not quite there. We have a lot of new players, age aside. A lot of fans are calling for Baptista's head. After less than a season. That isnt fair is it? I mean sure he has been a tad bit disappointing but let's face it, most of the team has been, especially in front of goal. Robin van Persie aside noone has had that cutting edge that is needed from teams at this level. And he has the benefit of seasons in the premiership under his belt.
Last season we punched above our weight to be honest, in getting to the champions' league final. And this season, no fan can say that Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester, certainly in terms experience and the current continuity of their sides are ahead of us. And yet we are still in there with a chance at a top 3 finish.
To be honest I couldnt be bothered to tell Arsene Wenger who he should buy. He gets paid a lot of money to decide that by himself and I only watch Arsenal when they play the games and not when they train. I dont have the trained eye to tell between a good and great player. He clearly does and to suggest that he is losing his touch is idiotic. Rosicky, Fabregas, Denilson, Hleb, Toure, Eboue... should I go on?
Let it be known that this has been a disappointing season but that doesnt mean it is necessarily a bad one. I would like just as much as any Arsenal fan to have trophies in our locker and we did our best against a Chelsea side full of internationals with tonnes of experience in the carling cup.
Let's take a reality chejk