A white man's world, racist John Howard

Now I am normally here ranting about football and particularly the Arsenal but today I have a special moment for the idiot of the moment John Howard the head honcho of the boomerang shaped island called Australia.

For those who don't know he just got on his high horse this weekend and banned his team from touring Zimbabwe. Now I am not a fan of Robert Gabriel Mugabe and I am sure there are very few who are. But this kinda shows how out of touch with Zimbabwe and Zimbabweans the rest of the world is.

First and foremost Mr Howard has in this gross aberration made the poor assumption that Mugabe cares about Zimbabwe cricket. And that he will use the tour of the Aussies as a trump card. Now has he ever done that? In effect it has been many years since the government has even bothered to meet with a touring side.

Secondly, given that inflation is about 40010007% right now I am sure that it wouldnt figure as a priority. The only people who actually care that the tour has been interfered with are the kids and the public at large who would have really liked to watch the world champions. They are the real losers here.

And let's not for a moment talk tripe about what Mugabe has done or hasn't done. The real issue is that Zimbabwe is a black country that interfered with white people. Just to illustrate, Pakistan's Musharaf has just gone about killing opponents of his and has a standing shoot-to-kill order at the moment targeted at anyone with views that are divergent from his. Now given that he wasnt elected and is in effect a dictator never heard anyone say that they were not touring his country. And why? Cause no white people were hurt when Musharaf took power. I mean there is a greater likelihood of finding a bomb in Colombo(Sri Lanka) or Karachi.

I am not a ZANU(PF) apologist but the truth of the matter is that the motivation behind Mr Howard's decision is his racist attitude towards the majority of Zimbabweans, treating them as if they were a third-class citizen of the world. He doesn't care about Zimbabweans. He cares about the white ones who now stay in his country but he doesnt have a minute for the black ones who suffer equally or at best as much as his white kin. This was also a direct reaction to the fact that Zimbabwe got the african vote for the UN board. And that did not make Mr Howard happy, no.

This is after all a white man's world

Popular posts from this blog

Arsene Wenger

Maybe Arsenal need to practice shooting

What we all really knew