And even I didnt give them a chance

Arsenal went into last night's match on the bakc of a very poor run. I didnt think they could pull it off. I just thought well if they keep it down it one goal in it and get an away goal then they could make a fight of it at Highbury.
I mean who wasn't good last night at the Bernabeu in the Arsenal colours. I guess in short if asked to play football there are very few teams that can match the Arsenal including the famous Meringues. Real let's face it were not given a chance to play and how does a team play without a right back? Yes you say Cicinho but how many times did you even see him at the right back position. In fact he was anywhere but at right back. He was floating in, going to the left, up front and you wionder why they can't defend.

Look at the ages last night on the pitch

Manu Eboue, 22, Kolo Toure, 24, Philippe Senderos, 20, Mathieu Flamini, 21, Aleksandr Hleb, 24, Alexander Song, 18, Abou Diaby, 19, and Fabregas, 18.

They said the results in the group stage were against teams of no real pedigree. But Arsene has done it against the 9 time winners of the competition who have been on a bit of a run. I hope it convinces Thierry to stay now because the kids were fabulous and the older players put their weight about. Did you see the way Freddie was everywhere. He fought like a gunner should. To be fair he has been fighting that hard this whole season without scoring but that is partly down to the fact that in attack noone is making the runs up front. And my did we need Reyes last night and he made a mockery of Cicinho's next-cafu tag.

Yes it is just one leg and they could come and stuff us at Highbury but for now I will enjoy it.

Amazing how i was doing calculations today, if I gave someone 100,000 Zimbabwe Dollars a year ago, to lend him the equivalent today I would need to give him 1,5 million Zimbabwe Dollars. Sure they will want to tell you that inflation is 600% but that is for someone sitting in a statistical office being asked to fudge figures so as not to make it look that bad. It is stunning that the value of life in this country has gone south like that. Almost depressing, who am i kidding it is depressing.

Popular posts from this blog

Arsene Wenger

Maybe Arsenal need to practice shooting

What we all really knew