Theo Walcott and wtf?

So you're Theo Walcott, everyone with at least two brain cells reckons you are the next big thing and you're playing for a bunch of impotent larks in the second tier of english football and who are certain to be there in the next season at least. Then in come one of the top four teams in the country and they offer you a contract to come and play with the most exciting striker in the history of the premiership. What do you do? Well if Rupert Lowe had his way then young Theo should have said, sorry mates, I want to stay in this dump for another two years and then give me a call then. Now in another two years Theo might not be so hot and because he plays with odd-jobbers he might be only good enough for that level. But if he goes to a team with greater concentration and expectation, in those two years he could become super-human. Add to that too that Arsenal have been very decent about this. They knew Theo wanted to come over and they still offered Southampton a fee for the boy. A huge one for a 16-year old. They could have waited till the boy was 17 in March and then offered him a contract and went to tribunal and given Southampton a mil and told them to fuck off. But Rupert is harping on about this and that and who cares what?
The NFL has come out and said that the refereeing in the Superbowl was brilliant. Now if that is true then I think they were using different rules. I mean Big Ben says he didnt cross the line into the end zone and he got the call. There were calls that cost 21 points and if it wasnt for those the Seahawks could have run away with this. The NFL have been poor with this. They should have been talking about how to make the officiating better and not treat the system as if they are a bunch of errant school kids.
It is friday and my life gets more confusing. Women telling me that I am sending signals and I have no idea what it is. Now I am feeling self-conscious and all that rubbish. Damn shame
Comments