The first time I heard he was joining Arsenal, I didnt bat an eyelid. Mind you I was preparing for my O Level exams at the time and let's face it, the Arsenal were not setting the stage alight so who would blame them for signing some French fella. I joked that maybe they figured they needed someone with a name as close to Arsenal as possible. Little did I know the effect he would have on the team. I am not sure there is anything I can say that hasnt been already said in the last week or two about the impact he has had on Arsenal, english, european and dare I say world football. One qualify world football on the basis of how many teams actually want to do things the Arsenal way. And it is all encapsulated in one man, Arsene Wenger. Even here in Zimbabwe you have teams trying to model themselves on the Arsenal system, on and off the pitch and it reaps rewards for them, the national coach is a brilliant example of that. Personally, I am humbled. I can not point out one moment of magic...
I dont think there is a team that creates as many chances as Arsenal in the Premiership. So much so I think if we got one player who had the slightest interest in scoring we would be sending many teams down. But alas we create the chances and we are left wondering about what cvould have been. Arsene blames it on naivety but in all fairness Arsenal have been guilty of the self same thing for a while now. Sometimes you just need to score said Thierry Henry. So why dont you just score mate? Entertainment is all very well but being so far behind the chavs and the mancs is isnt fun either. I know they will get it but hopefully we wont be too far behind to make a difference. On yesterday's peformances two players did particularly well for me. Hleb and Flamini. Flamini worked in that role tirelessly in the middle and Hleb is becoming a real threat almost everytime we play. Now you simply cant leave him out... Congratulations fto Robinson on the England win... Canct wauit for the Ashes..
Thierry Henry has pledged his future to Arsenal. I said in a recent post that it all came down to whether he believed that he was the right man to lead the team into the next version of Arsenal. And he proved me right by making to very important points, that he wantede to lead the team into the new stadium and more importantly was staying to build the team into one of the strongest in Europe. Obviously he heard something he liked from the gaffer otherwise he wouldnt have bothered. And most importantly he sees something in these kids and the tone of his post-match conferences and media releases seem to show he has confidence in the lads and that he believes they wull grow up very quickly. He should be live they will be ready soon otherwise at his age he might have felt he would run out of time before they were ripe. Perhaps this could be the turn-around point of Arsenal's season because you began to get the feeling that the team was not sure of the leader of the team. They were too ...
Comments