Oh sport, what a finish
It is the day after the ashes today and I am saying, what a finish. I think I have pretty much run out of nails now with the way that match panned out. Who is writing these ashes scripts. Oh the agony of getting so near, just one wicket, just that one wicket and it is advantage England going into Trentbridge.
Oh but you have to give it to Ricky Ponting. He saved it for the Aussies he did. I mean that was some special knock. Like Steve Waugh this was Ponting's graduation as test captain. It wasn't just that he got the 156, but he was there when the team needed it most. Succumbing late on but he had done enough and you have to say that is what gave McGrath and Lee the inspiration to see out the last 24 balls.
Oh what a series this is. This is slowing putting my faith back into sports. I mean a lot of sports were becoming too predictable and doggedly one-sided. No thrills, just nothing for the fans. The richies would just get who they wanted and knock everyone off. But this ashes series is reminding us all of what sport is all about, the passion and the competition which is so necessary.
I think today is one of those days again that falls like a damp squib. Nothing happening, nothing not happening, just another day in the life.
Am working on uploading music onto my site so if you would like to have a peek www.soundclick.com/ncb and read the profile, listen to the music and join the mailing list... and don't forget to vote for my music.
Ciao
Oh but you have to give it to Ricky Ponting. He saved it for the Aussies he did. I mean that was some special knock. Like Steve Waugh this was Ponting's graduation as test captain. It wasn't just that he got the 156, but he was there when the team needed it most. Succumbing late on but he had done enough and you have to say that is what gave McGrath and Lee the inspiration to see out the last 24 balls.
Oh what a series this is. This is slowing putting my faith back into sports. I mean a lot of sports were becoming too predictable and doggedly one-sided. No thrills, just nothing for the fans. The richies would just get who they wanted and knock everyone off. But this ashes series is reminding us all of what sport is all about, the passion and the competition which is so necessary.
I think today is one of those days again that falls like a damp squib. Nothing happening, nothing not happening, just another day in the life.
Am working on uploading music onto my site so if you would like to have a peek www.soundclick.com/ncb and read the profile, listen to the music and join the mailing list... and don't forget to vote for my music.
Ciao
Comments